Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, December 11, 2023

This Is the 3-Ingredient Appetizer I'll Be Making For Christmas - EatingWell

A couple weekends ago, my family celebrated my brother’s birthday, so naturally I had to show up with a dish for all to share before dinner. I used a combination of two EatingWell recipes to create my own appetizer that only requires two ingredients. And when I say it was a crowd pleaser, that’s an understatement: the finger food app was gone in minutes.

Now, I’m fully planning to make variations of these warm and cozy, bite-size appetizers for both Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Here’s how I made the perfect seasonal appetizer that only takes 3 ingredients to prepare.

My appetizer recipe is 3-Ingredient Fig & Brie Puff Pastry Bites. It combines our Fig & Brie Puff Pastry Roll with our Cranberry-Brie Bites with Puff Pastry. Simply follow the techniques from the Cranberry-Brie Bites recipe, but instead of using cranberry sauce, opt for your favorite fig jam. Here are the ingredients:

  • 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
  • 4 ounces Brie cheese, chilled and cut into 24 pieces
  • 1 cup fig jam (Tip: I eyeballed it when topping each app).

Preheat the oven to 425°F and lightly flour a work surface. On the surface, roll out your thawed puff pastry sheet into a 10-by-15-inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 24 (2½-inch) squares using a knife or, even easier, a pizza wheel—4 rows of 6 squares each.

In a muffin tin coated with nonstick cooking spray, press a square of dough into each cup of the tin. Add one Brie piece to each cup and top each with about two teaspoons of fig jam. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.

Once out of the oven, let the pastry bites cool before you pop them out of their muffin tins. That’s really all it takes to make these bites. Trust me: if I can do it, anyone can!

Since these were a hit at the last party, I’m planning to make these 3-Ingredient Puff Pastry Bites with Roasted Red Peppers & Feta to provide both sweet and savory options. For more easy appetizer recipes, check out this list of Winter Appetizers with 5 Ingredients or Less.

Adblock test (Why?)


This Is the 3-Ingredient Appetizer I'll Be Making For Christmas - EatingWell
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jamie Oliver's newest cookbook, you don't need many ingredients to make a delicious meal - WBUR News

You don’t need a ton of obscure ingredients to cook up a delicious meal. That’s the crux of chef and restauranteur Jamie Oliver ’s new cook...